Asphalt Paving Principles
- Workshop Manual: Asphalt Paving Principles (pdf)
- A Roadmaster qualified course
- How to Request a Workshop
- Estimating project costs spreadsheet (pdf)
- Estimating project costs spreadsheet (xlsx)
Who should attend
Highway superintendents who select paving alternatives, evaluate options, and analyze cost. Whether you use a paving contractor, share paving operations with another municipality, or do your own paving, this workshop and accompanying workbook can help you do a quality job. Crew leaders, field personnel, engineers, and deputies will also benefit.
- The fundamentals of a good road
- Materials selection
- Asphalt pavement failure types and causes
- Rehabilitation of asphalt pavements
- Asphalt pavement construction inspection
Gary Nelson, CLRP Circuit Rider, has over 35 years of experience working in the asphalt and aggregate industry. He has worked all phases of the paving industry from being involved in development of NYSDOT paving specifications to examination of asphalt pavement failures.
$50 per attendee
Timing of workshops
Workshops typically run from 8.30am to 3pm. Sign-in starts at 8am.